Sonntag, Dezember 07, 2008
Airport TAX
This morning I used a budget carrier to fly from Pekanbaru to Jakarta.
At Pekanbaru airport I tried to get my luggages strapped because I was worried that someone may try to TAX (read: open and steal) my luggage.
I had a suitcase and a box full of books with me. Unfortunately there was no strapping service as they were not opened yet (06.00am)
So I thought ... it's okay, I trust nothing's gonna happen.
In Jakarta I waited for my luggages at the conveyor belt. First came my suitcase.. thank God nothing happened. Then I waited for my box. I waited and waited, but it didn't show up. I waited until they stopped the conveyor belt and my box was not there. I thought I would recognize it because of the tag on top of the box. There were still some boxes and bags left on the belt, and out of curiosity I approached a box that looked like mine but it was opened only to find that it was mine, upside down and it is OPENED.
Dun know who dun know where they opened it..
Nothing was missing .. ofcourse.. as there was nothing in it but books. Yet I was still upset because they clearly cut the tape that was sealing the box to check what was in it.
I took several pics to proof that it was opened @ the airport and reported it to the airport people.
*sigh* When will we ever be better? How can we have a good airport, if not the best, if people are still trying to steal others' luggage?
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
23 October 2008
At Pekanbaru airport I tried to get my luggages strapped because I was worried that someone may try to TAX (read: open and steal) my luggage.
I had a suitcase and a box full of books with me. Unfortunately there was no strapping service as they were not opened yet (06.00am)
So I thought ... it's okay, I trust nothing's gonna happen.
In Jakarta I waited for my luggages at the conveyor belt. First came my suitcase.. thank God nothing happened. Then I waited for my box. I waited and waited, but it didn't show up. I waited until they stopped the conveyor belt and my box was not there. I thought I would recognize it because of the tag on top of the box. There were still some boxes and bags left on the belt, and out of curiosity I approached a box that looked like mine but it was opened only to find that it was mine, upside down and it is OPENED.
Dun know who dun know where they opened it..
Nothing was missing .. ofcourse.. as there was nothing in it but books. Yet I was still upset because they clearly cut the tape that was sealing the box to check what was in it.
I took several pics to proof that it was opened @ the airport and reported it to the airport people.
*sigh* When will we ever be better? How can we have a good airport, if not the best, if people are still trying to steal others' luggage?
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
23 October 2008
opened box @ conveyor belt C2
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
23 October 2008
Jakarta, 23 October 2008
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
23 October 2008
Jakarta, 23 October 2008
Labels: journals