Sonntag, Dezember 07, 2008
series vs sinetron
For those of you guys living in Indonesia...
have you ever seen our sinetrons? I bet you have.
Last week I was sitting in my room watching my cable tv and then it suddenly struck me.
I watched how the TV stations outside Indonesia have great series we all watched around the world.
I mean who doesn't like FRIENDS? Who has never seen or heard about the X-Files? We all have heard of at least one TV series and watched maybe hundreds of them.
And then I remember about our TV series in Indonesia, also known as sinetron, and wondered why we never have any good sinetrons. Our sinetrons are too predictable. It's either about love or love. hehe .. yes, I mean it! It's all about love. Why can't we make sinetrons like CSI or Prison Break or ER or 24? Yeah we have OB (Office Boy) and (used to) Bajaj Bajuri... but how come there's no police story or a good fiction sinetron?
So I think and I think and I came up with a rough conclusion. You may agree to it or not, but at least this is what I thought.
We have no good police story sinetrons because there is no good thing that we can take from the police force. Okay they solve cases... so what? There's nothing unique about it.
The other day there was a magazine that said that Indonesian Police Force is one of the most corrupt government organization in Indonesia. Is it true? Maybe... who knows...
A few days ago my friend's car was hit by a police officer with a motorbike. Both vehicles were damaged. I wasn't sure of the exact story but to make it short.. my friend had to pay the police to get them (other police officers came to the scene and intimidated my friend) off his ass.
So much for "to protect and to serve" ha?
Anyway, I was saying that the police force's image is so corrupt that maybe, just maybe, no production house wants to take a risk producing a police story sinetron. The same goes to hospitals... I'm sure we all have heard stories about hospitals that are not good.
So the easiest sinetron for PHs to produce would be ... love stories! None other ...
What do you think?
28 July 2008
have you ever seen our sinetrons? I bet you have.
Last week I was sitting in my room watching my cable tv and then it suddenly struck me.
I watched how the TV stations outside Indonesia have great series we all watched around the world.
I mean who doesn't like FRIENDS? Who has never seen or heard about the X-Files? We all have heard of at least one TV series and watched maybe hundreds of them.
And then I remember about our TV series in Indonesia, also known as sinetron, and wondered why we never have any good sinetrons. Our sinetrons are too predictable. It's either about love or love. hehe .. yes, I mean it! It's all about love. Why can't we make sinetrons like CSI or Prison Break or ER or 24? Yeah we have OB (Office Boy) and (used to) Bajaj Bajuri... but how come there's no police story or a good fiction sinetron?
So I think and I think and I came up with a rough conclusion. You may agree to it or not, but at least this is what I thought.
We have no good police story sinetrons because there is no good thing that we can take from the police force. Okay they solve cases... so what? There's nothing unique about it.
The other day there was a magazine that said that Indonesian Police Force is one of the most corrupt government organization in Indonesia. Is it true? Maybe... who knows...
A few days ago my friend's car was hit by a police officer with a motorbike. Both vehicles were damaged. I wasn't sure of the exact story but to make it short.. my friend had to pay the police to get them (other police officers came to the scene and intimidated my friend) off his ass.
So much for "to protect and to serve" ha?
Anyway, I was saying that the police force's image is so corrupt that maybe, just maybe, no production house wants to take a risk producing a police story sinetron. The same goes to hospitals... I'm sure we all have heard stories about hospitals that are not good.
So the easiest sinetron for PHs to produce would be ... love stories! None other ...
What do you think?
28 July 2008
Labels: journals