.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sonntag, Dezember 07, 2008

[sumpah.pemuda] JFK vs Ariel Peterpan

Half a year ago I talked about how we should change our mindset if we want to move to a better state.
Yesterday Ariel Peterpan was asked what is needed to develop our country. He answered something like this, "first we have to ask ourselves what we, ourselves, can do better in order to develop our country."

A friend asked a question in his messenger yesterday.. whether we still love our country if we speak like a bule (not our national language). That is exactly my point half a year ago. What kind of a question is that? Love for our country has nothing to do with us speaking Indonesian or not.
People have a mindset they have had for years, maybe even decades. We are so comfortable in our state we don't want to move out of it and improve ourselves.
Padi, a band, in their song says," Semua tak sama, tak pernah sama. Apa yang kusentuh, apa yang kukecup." (Nothing will ever be the same. What I touch, what I kiss)
A decade ago, the government forbade us from using English in daily life. No English words in signs, names, etc. At one point I agree that we should be proud of our national language, but people took it differently. Very soon we see people translating the English words into Indonesian and it was just weird! Words like 'real estate' being translated into 'ril estat' --> bloody weird!

Now my point is... life is about changes. We need to accept changes if we want to survive. Now we have sophisticated technology to help us, but if we live like we still live in the 80s, technology means nothing. We've seen the bad example, now all we need to do is to use our mind -that is if we have any-, open to changes and accept that things are not like it used to be... and you will not only survive, you will also take a part in the country's development.
Change our mindset and maybe no one will ever ask us if we still love our country if we don't speak our national language anymore.

I have too many things to say but I'm gonna stop here.. before I have no idea of what I'm talking about anymore :p

*bangga bernusa, berbangsa dan berbahasa Indonesia*
*proud to be Indonesian*
Youth Pledge
28 October 1928

Dumai, 28 October 2008


Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?